Wednesday, December 8, 2010

waiting for the amnio results

I only had to wait 2 days for the results – the doctor said she would call me immediately when the results came back from the lab but I had an appointment in 2 days anyway. To say they were the most stressful two days of my life would be an understatement. I took leave from work and I have no idea what I did all day. I read about CDH, Trisomy, termination of pregnancies. I tried to imagine terminating the pregnancy.

The first thing the doctor said was when she came into the room was, "so do you want the good news? No trisomy 18 or any other chromosomal abnormalities." And did I want to know the sex? I was stunned. I had worked myself up into such a state of stress, convincing myself that the baby had trisomy and that I would have to somehow get through an abortion that week.

Next steps, finding out more about the CDH diagnosis and whether termination was something we should consider. My husband, Neil, was still on his way home from overseas but we were talking at every opportunity.

I was excited to find out we were having a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment