Wednesday, February 2, 2011


I finally had the courage to leave the hospital grounds Sunday morning. Neil and I had a chat with one of Sullivan's doctors, and to be perfectly honest I needed to ask if we had minutes, hours, days to get to the hospital if Sul's condition started to deteriorate. The doctor said days, and that everyone, including us, would be able to see what was happening. He was very kindly and told me I looked exhausted and needed to go home to rest. I was a bit teary when Neil took this pic but we had a plan to go back for an evening visit. I am feeling a better having slept in my own bed, and have had a couple of naps. We call the ICU nurse whenever we feel like it to get an update on how is is going so we call every few hours including in the middle of the night, so we sleep a bit easier.


  1. I can imagine how hard it was to leave your bub! But being in your own bed after 9 weeks is probably just what your body needs. And your first born, Bluey, must be soooooo thrilled to see you at home. All good things for your healing.

    We are still thinking of you, Neil and our little adorable nephew ALL THE TIME and sending our positive thoughts.


  2. Tara, I know how hard it was for you to leave the hospital. It is better for Sully having his Mummy well rested. Ring as often as you want.... you could even leave a recorded CD of you reading a story to Sully - the nurses would play it for him

    Thinking of you xxx

  3. Hi Tara,
    Very brave and courageous, you are. I can only imagine how you must have felt leaving the hospital. I remember going out for my first walk with Zainab on day 3 or 4. I thought I would be fine, but I was terrified and started shaking when I got beyond the fence in the front yard. I started crying!! Seriously. And she was with me and hadn't just had surgery like Sully. SO, my heart goes out to you for that scary moment that you conquered with grace. You are an amazing, amazing Mom. Stay strong. And let yourself cry.
    Hugs. Jaymie